Saturday, November 23, 2013

Parmigian & Asiago Cheese Spread- Bottega Napa Valley

While on a recent trip to Napa Valley we dined at Bottega and our waiter brought to the table a wonderful spread to be eaten with their freshly baked rustic bread. Since I can no longer eat wheat I only got to sample the spread by itself but it was so wonderful and my friends loved it so much that I decided to try my hand at making some for us when we returned home.

Luckily I found the recipe at the Food Network and it was pretty simple and tastes great after a day in the fridge. I think it makes cute little gifts for the holidays, so thought to share it with you. Be sure to eat it a room temperature.

INGREDIENTS for SALSA DI PARMIGIANO
1/2 pound Parmesan, not too dry
1/2 pound Asiago cheese, not too dry
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Pulse all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth with small chunks. Seal in glass jars and store in the fridge up to one month. I've used it in sauces, to top pizza, spread on my gluten free rosemary bread and even with some scrambled eggs and chives. It incredibly versatile, rich and rewarding.



Heirloom tomato and Burrata Caprese with Balsamic "Caviar". I need to learn how to make that caviar!

Passing by on our morning walk, I savored the smell of simmering veal stock wafting from the kitchens...

French Laundry Gardens
 We kicked off the trip with a long sail around the Bay with Captain Lisa from Sailtime San Francisco. Highly recommended!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments must be approved by the Beecave Kitchen before posting. Happy Cooking!