Saturday, May 12, 2012

Passport to France at Central Market

Mais oui!!! Of course I have to write something about Central Market's Passport to France! J'adore la cuisine francaise!! So imagine my excitement when I stopped in to buy things for dinner and saw my Central Market all decked out like France! I nearly wept with joy. I wish I had bypassed the $500 waste of money I spent on the failure that was the Austin Food & Wine Fest and saved the cash to splurge on all things French for sale at CM for the next two weeks. I'm still boiling about the complete disappointment that was the Austin Food & Wine Fest. What an expensive, dusty, disorganized waste of time and money that was. But I digress...

Here are a few picture I snapped with my little old iphone
Beautiful little radishes and beans (the photo is a little fuzzy, I was shaking with excitement here).

A cute little marche setup with Le Creuset wares for sale

I picked up an Herbes de Provence pork tenderloin and roasted it in my rotisserie with a nice little pan sauce and rosemary roasted potatoes. It was fabulous. I didn't take pictures sadly.

I may be partial, but I still think Lay's taste better.

Aside from ravioli, crepes may be my second favorite food. It was a tradition that on snow days my mother would make me fresh crepes with Nutella and bananas. This nice man made me a crepe with cream cheese, figs and candied ginger. It was terrific.

I'm so lucky to live in a city that has such fantastic grocery stores and I'm even more excited because Whole Foods is opening less than a mile from my house, so I can ride my bike with my cute little basket to pick up my groceries from now on. Very French, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments must be approved by the Beecave Kitchen before posting. Happy Cooking!