Monday, August 19, 2019

Avocado Chocolate Mousse-Vegan Option



Well it's been a minute since I've been on my little blog and I was missing it. So I thought I'd share my new favorite dessert! I recently enjoyed a vegan lunch at a tasty little place in Austin called Citizen Eatery and for dessert they suggested I try Avocado chocolate mousse for dessert. What the what?? Is that a thing? Why yes it is and I assure you it is DELICIOUS!!! I had my friends at the office try and they were as incredulous as I was that this was made from avocados.

My fabulous Belgian mother made the VERY best chocolate mousse I've ever had in the whole world, but it is rich and filled with sugar and decadent Belgian chocolate and eggs and while nothing will ever compare to her recipe (another great idea for future blog!) this was super easy, low carb and has a variety of things you can do to it to change up the profile. Here goes:

2 Ripe avocados flesh (unripe and it will have a green, vegetal undertone), so pick the ones that are starting to turn soft.
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup dutch Cocoa powder
A few pinches of sea salt
4 Tbs Milk of choice (I like almond, hazelnut or coconut milk)
4 drops of liquid stevia (I use Trader Joes), you could use maple syrup too.

In a blender, puree all ingredients until smooth and creamy and spoon into ramekins and keep chilled until ready to serve.

Some other fun ideas: add a pinch of Cayenne, use cold brew coffee instead of milk or buttermilk for a nice little sour flavor punch. A little dollop of raspberry preserves in the blend is yummy too. 

Top with whipped cream and berries (they even have a tasty coconut milk whipped cream at Whole Foods).

Here's to your health and happy taste buds!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments must be approved by the Beecave Kitchen before posting. Happy Cooking!